Friday, November 27, 2009

IE 7.0 - Default Home Page?

I had a connectivity problem and the Cox tech did something to my browser settings--now MSN is my default home page and I have done everything I know of to change it--went to Tools/ Internet Options/General/Home Page and deleted MSN, reset it to Yahoo.com and even tried to set it at "Blank". MSN will not give up! I know what I'm doing with the Tools setting--perhaps there is some more advanced setting that needs to be changed?



IE 7.0 - Default Home Page?microsoft windows





It sounds like your browser's home page has been hijacked. If you have a anti-spyware program installed, scan your computer with it, this should help identify and remove possible threats.



You can google a anti-spyware and download one for free or for evaluation.



IE 7.0 - Default Home Page?windows media player 10 internet explorer



Make sure you save your settings w/ Apply. You may have some malware running that is resetting your settings.



RJ
He might have installed some custom COX add-on. Go into "Add or Remove Programs" and look through the list. You might see it there.



Caution: Be really sure you don't want the program before you delete it.
I have seen/read too many comments on troubles with IE7..I tried it for awhile and went back to IE6..Havent had any trouble since... Maybe you shud go back to 6 and then see if you have any trouble changing your homepage..You can enter Internet explorer 6 in you web browser and the web page will come up with a download...good luck
Glad you fixed it - my culprit was Zonealarm; disabling this beast allowed me to change my homepage. Aren't we a clever pair? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan