Friday, November 27, 2009

IE 6 is running in the background causing problems. I need to delete/uninstall. Read Details?

I can't remove it from add/remove programs. I've tried removing it from windows components, won't work either. Can just delete it because it's running in the background. How do I force it to quit running so I can delete it. NO. I can't use IE7 because I don't have service pak 2.



IE 6 is running in the background causing problems. I need to delete/uninstall. Read Details?windows movie maker





IE 6 not run in background, maybe be a virus.



Enter in your PC in Safe Mode and try to remove it.



IE 6 is running in the background causing problems. I need to delete/uninstall. Read Details?microsoft project internet explorer



Press alt control delete. Then end process iexplore.exe



That stops internet explorer.
You should be able to stop it from starting when you boot by following these steps.



1. On your desktop, click on "Start" (lower left) and then "Run".



2. When the dialog box opens, type in "msconfig", hit "OK"



That will bring up a list of everything that opens when you boot. Find IE and uncheck the box. Take this opportunity to view what you have running and uncheck those you don't want running. For example, I do not automatically run anything (AIM, etc) unless it is necessary to the operating system or security. I would advise caution here and only uncheck a box at a time unless you know it is ok.



3. Click on "Apply"



Once you have done this you will probably be asked to Reboot. Do so and see if it stops running automatically.



Norm
If you are unable to download SP 2 this means that your Microsoft Windows platform is either not legal and the "WGA", tool that validates the registraton key will not allow you to update anything.. Plus I have heard that Microsoft is taking a really hard core stand on platforms that are not legal. Going as far as to keep your system not being able to run. (Can't say if this is true or not).



If you have a legal key and the "WGA", is made a mistake, then you need to contact Microsoft.



I have one suggestion that may remove IE6 from your system. Use your keyboard and all at the same time hit "Ctrl", "Alt", "Delete". On my keyboard the delete is a key that says "Supr" above where the arrows are.



This will open your task mgr. When you open your task mgr., open "applications", and see if you se IE running, as it should show becasue it does not matter if it is running in the background. Right click on end task.



I have the feeling that your platform is not legal. My advise to you if you want to be able to use your pc is that you should purchase a very small item from an OEM, company and then they will sell you the Windows XP Prof., for around $100.00 or less.



Clinical Psychiatrist, France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan