Saturday, April 24, 2010

I use Firefox on my Vista laptop. It is my default browser. Why does Yahoo! Messenger still open lin

I've already double checked that the Firefox option to check that it is the default on startup is selected. I've also verified under IE options that it isn't the default. It does, however, list itself for .url, .mht and .mhtml. I can't seem to de-select these. That being the case, the links I've been clicking are not of these.



Note: This is NOT MSN Messenger



I use Firefox on my Vista laptop. It is my default browser. Why does Yahoo! Messenger still open links in IE?microsoft word download





This is what you do..



Force Firefox to make itself the default browser...



If Firefox already thinks that it is default, exit ALL INSTANCES of Firefox completely, then go to "Start Menu -%26gt; Run" and enter this into the text box:



firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser



Click the OK button. You should be golden! :o)



Hugs,



Jessica



I use Firefox on my Vista laptop. It is my default browser. Why does Yahoo! Messenger still open links in IE?internet explorer download internet explorerSweet. Thanks! Worked like a charm :) Report It


the solution is simple:



uncheck “Open web links in a new browser window” from General settings in Yahoo Messenger Report It


YEESSS! totally worked! Report It


I had same issue. Tried everything I can in Vista menus and settings. Nothing worked.



But the solution provided above by Jessica (firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser) worked for me just fine. Report It


If you don't have a 'run' item in the start menu, you can always press the Windows-key-%26gt;R to get a 'run' line. Then enter in the firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser. Worked like a charm for me! Report It


I am also having the same problem... some1 plzz answer and clear this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan