Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have Excel 2003 - when I enter an account number in a cell the final number switches to a 0 ie I e

I have Excel 2003 - when I enter an account number in a cell the final number switches to a 0 ie I enter 345555 and it switches to 345550... I am trying to put together a spread sheet with all my credit card etc accounts and numbers on it. In the Cell under the account name I entered the account number... and for some reason the last number only changes to 0 no matter what I enter or try to renter....



Edit/Delete Message



I have Excel 2003 - when I enter an account number in a cell the final number switches to a 0 ie I enter 3455microsoft frontpage





You need to check



1- Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Calculation %26gt; Interation



is not selected



2- Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Edit %26gt; Fixed Decimals



Are set to zero



3- Enter your number after a space or ' or any other char



Enjoy my profile, I am the VBAXLMan



I have Excel 2003 - when I enter an account number in a cell the final number switches to a 0 ie I enter 3455windows vista home premium internet explorer



In Excel - select the area of cells that you would like to type numbers into and right click- then select "Format Cells"



make sure that it isn't set to anything that will round up or down.



Choose Text if you only want the cell to show a number, or choose number if you would like to use the cell in an equation.



edit-----



hmm that is pretty strange, have you tried opening a new excel spreadsheet to try?



if you would like to bypass the entire process you can create a custom cell format- and in the window type 0000000000000000 with 16 zeros, you can also put spaces in between every 4 numbers if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan